- Master of Science2 yearsEnglishThe Master’s programme Spatial Engineering prepares you to address major multi-level spatial problems with a combination of technical and socio-economic knowledge.
- Master of Science2 yearsEnglish8 Specializations3 Joint programmesThis programme takes an application-oriented approach to collecting, processing, analyzing and visualizing spatial data. Graduates are at the forefront of one of today’s fastest growing industries.
8 SpecializationsMSc2 Joint programmesLearn to explore for earth and geothermal resources to secure future demands for energy and mineralsMSc2 Joint programmesLearn to develop technologies required for analyzing, distributing and visualizing geo-spatial data.MSc2 Joint programmesLearn to use cadastral intelligence for designing and applying responsible land administration solutions.MSc2 Joint programmesLearn to predict − hence, address − natural hazards and disaster risk using geo-spatial data.MSc3 Joint programmesLearn to utilize geo-spatial data to help achieve a more sustainable use of natural resources.MSc2 Joint programmesDesign your very own tailor-made specializationMSc2 Joint programmesLearn to understand dynamic urban processes and create interventions to help make cities competitive, compact, sustainable, inclusive and resilient.MSc2 Joint programmesLearn to use earth observation and geo-information techniques to create safe and sustainable water management solutions.
- Certificate3 weeksEnglishThis course provides you with an introduction to advanced image analysis. It teaches you to exploit information contained in images to a greater extent.
- Certificate3 weeksEnglishThis course explores on issues of socio-spatial diversity, differentiation and fragmentation that impact on the urban form and on the quality-of-life of urban dwellers
- Certificate3 weeksEnglishThis course addresses the issues of how to design and implement collaborative geo-information systems on the internet, to be used by different domains.
- Master of Science1 yearEnglishCartography is an Erasmus Mundus Master of Science programme of four universities in München, Wien, Dresden and Enschede. It focusses on a broad education in cartography and geoinformatics.
- Certificate3 weeksEnglishThis course develops your conceptual and practical understanding of several advanced methods for collaborative planning and decision support.
- Certificate2 monthsEnglishGIS and Earth Observation are scientific disciplines that develop methods to extract information about the earth surface and use this information for solving real-world problems.
- Certificate6 weeksEnglishThe course provides a unique opportunity to integrate a multidisciplinary assessment of risk into strategic planning processes.
- Certificate2 monthsEnglishGIS and Earth Observation are scientific disciplines that develop methods to extract information about the earth surface. The focus of the course will be mainly on solving problems.
- Certificate10 weeksEnglishLearn the latest and advanced techniques to spatially assess and monitor water resources from global to local scales.
- Master of Science22 monthsEnglishIn this course you will learn about environmental systems, their components and interactions with society, as well as become qualified in the rapidly expanding field of geo-information science.
- Postgraduate diploma1 yearThis 1-year programme (60 credits) caters for young and mid-career professionals who need to be proficient in applying geo-information science and earth observation in their field of interest
- Certificate2 monthsEnglishGeographical information science (GIS) & Earth Observation are scientific disciplines that develop methods to extract information about the earth surface & use this for solving real-world problems.
Geographic Information Systems and Earth Observation for Environmental Modeling and Natural Resource ManagementMaster of Science2 yearsEnglishA high quality Master’s through e-learning with focus on Geographic Information Systems and Earth Observation for environmental modeling and natural resource management.
- Master of Science2 yearsEnglishThis Master’s programme aims to educate students and professionals to become all-round managers and/or researchers in the field of geo-information.
- Diploma9 monthsEnglishThe programme focuses on the theoretical education and concepts of digital geo-information production and the use of tools in for instance the acquisition, an processing of spatial information.
- Certificate6 weeksEnglishThe course is relevant for quantitatively oriented scientists with an interest of working on spatial studies.
- Certificate3 weeksEnglishThis course will cover basic aspects of geovisual analytics from user-centred design perspective
- Certificate12 weeksEnglishThis course seamlessly blends cartographic fundamentals with the developments in modern geo-visualization techniques.
- Certificate12 weeksEnglishThis course provides the basic theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience required to perceive the synergy within this multidisciplinary production environment.
- Certificate3 weeksEnglishThis course provides you with broad knowledge, tools and skills to strengthen land governance issues while implementing policy frameworks for sustainable development.
- Certificate5 weeksEnglishDesigning and prototyping Land Information Systems (LIS), applying modelling tools for software development and data-modelling and assessing concepts and technologies for scalable real-world LIS.
- Certificate3 weeksEnglishThis course provides you with an overview on the state of the art of the technique, potential applications as well as methods to extract geo-information from recorded point clouds.
- Certificate6 weeksEnglishThe course explains how to conduct a risk assessment using spatial information on hazards, elements at risk and vulnerability with the aid of GIS and remote sensing.
- Certificate3 weeksEnglishThe course is about participatory mapping practices which apply a variety of information acquisition, analysis and synthesis tools, to elicit and include all forms of spatial information.
- Certificate9 monthsEnglishGeographical information science & Earth Observation are scientific disciplines that develop methods to extract information about the earth surface & use this for solving real-world problems.
- Certificate10 weeksEnglishAn overview is given of System Earth with its various cycles, the basics and application of GIS and earth observation methods.The course is relevant for professionals who deal with geospatial data.
- Certificate4 monthsEnglishThis course introduces you to databases and data manipulation. The course focuses on thematic (also known as attribute) databases, the relational data model, and queries in the query language SQL.
- Certificate12 weeksEnglishProvides technical competencies to extract elevation models, urban constructions, legal boundaries, for application in domains like cadastral land management and modelling of food security and water.
Remote Sensing/Geographic Information Systems Analysis Methods to Support Food and Water Security StudiesCertificate3 weeksEnglishThis course covers through presenting the most modern satellite imagery and processing methods, with emphasis on space-time dimensions of imagery data to map and monitor systems and processes.
- Certificate5 weeksEnglishDevelop and understanding of responsible land administration based on systems of securing land rights, such as land registration and cadaster, in the broader context of land policy and land management
- Certificate3 weeksEnglishThe course presents contemporary modelling approaches that use satellite imagery to estimate quantitatively the performance of agro-ecosystems as future performances after anticipated climate change.
- Certificate3 weeksEnglishThis course shows you how spatial data is used in advanced methods for risk assessment, incl. techniques for probabilistic risk assessment, the end users and the Spatial Data Infrastructure required.
- Certificate3 weeksEnglishThis course provides the one opportunity to learn rapidly, and bring spatial database skills to your toolbox in just three weeks.
- Certificate4 monthsEnglishThis course introduces you to techniques for selecting and processing data to generate meaningful and timely information to support the better management of resources.
- Certificate3 weeksEnglishThe course teaches to understand the influence of land use change and identify the primary factors leading to natural resource degradation.
- Certificate11 weeksEnglishMeasure the dynamics of urban development and develop a spatial understanding of sustainability, inclusiveness and competition in urban planning, using GIS-based skills and statistical methods.
- Certificate3 weeksEnglishIf you want to learn more about mapping biological properties and processes, species distribution, biodiversity modelling, spatial auto-correlation, multi-collinearity, this course is for you.
Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) applying Systems Analysis and Spatial Decision Support ToolsCertificate3 weeksEnglishThis course provides a unique opportunity to strengthen the spatial planning process through environmental assessment using spatial information and spatial decision support tools.
The Role of Forests in Climate Change Mitigation and the Use of Multi-sensor Remote Sensing to Assess CarbonCertificate3 weeksEnglishSustainable forest management, including certification and the assessment and prevention of forest degradation, may well be considered in the years ahead.
- Certificate3 weeksEnglishThe course is targeted at professional workers and researchers that have a good working knowledge of remote sensing or reflectance spectroscopy.
- Certificate3 weeksEnglishThis course develops the participants’ conceptual understanding of advanced methods for modelling urban land use change and the ability to select, develop and apply methods in an appropriate manner.
- Certificate2 weeksEnglishThe course is an introduction into the use of GIS in disease control programmes and will provide knowledge and basic skills on on how GIS can be used for disease control.
There are no results found with this criteria