At the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation our aim is to build capacity and strengthen institutional development of both professional and academic organizations as well as individuals. We work specifically in countries that are economically and/or technologically less developed.
Our education is based on knowledge exchange between organizations in less developed countries on the one hand and in the Western world on the other, whereby ITC acts as a two-directional gateway for knowledge exchange.
We take an application-oriented approach, directed at finding solutions for and strengthening civil society in addressing issues of local, national and global dimensions. The multifunctional use of scarce resources, including space, the effects of climate change and environmental security are examples of those issues.
- Tue 15 Jan 2019GIS in Sustainable Urban Planning and Management: a Global Perspective
- Thu 17 Jan 2019In Memoriam: Klaas Jan Beek
- Fri 21 Dec 2018ITC leads two projects in Cooperation Indonesia - The Netherlands research programme
- Thu 13 Dec 2018"Risk transformation is set to be a growing problem in the next few years, especially in Africa and Asia"
- Wed 5 Dec 2018Final field test INACHUS: added value to rescue operations