At the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation our aim is to build capacity and strengthen institutional development of both professional and academic organizations as well as individuals. We work specifically in countries that are economically and/or technologically less developed.
Our education is based on knowledge exchange between organizations in less developed countries on the one hand and in the Western world on the other, whereby ITC acts as a two-directional gateway for knowledge exchange.
We take an application-oriented approach, directed at finding solutions for and strengthening civil society in addressing issues of local, national and global dimensions. The multifunctional use of scarce resources, including space, the effects of climate change and environmental security are examples of those issues.
- Mon 14 May 2018We examined 885 European cities’ plans to tackle climate change
- Thu 17 May 2018Third field test of INACHUS system for victim localisation
- Fri 20 Apr 2018Enhanced cooperation established for water issues in Indonesia
- Fri 20 Apr 2018NASA, University of Twente join forces to connect space to village
- Thu 19 Apr 2018Research projects wanted for Mind the Step exhibition