At the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation our aim is to build capacity and strengthen institutional development of both professional and academic organizations as well as individuals. We work specifically in countries that are economically and/or technologically less developed.
Our education is based on knowledge exchange between organizations in less developed countries on the one hand and in the Western world on the other, whereby ITC acts as a two-directional gateway for knowledge exchange.
We take an application-oriented approach, directed at finding solutions for and strengthening civil society in addressing issues of local, national and global dimensions. The multifunctional use of scarce resources, including space, the effects of climate change and environmental security are examples of those issues.
- Fri 30 Nov 2018Collaboration project awarded from Orange Knowledge Programme
- Wed 5 Dec 2018Final field test INACHUS: added value to rescue operations
- Wed 5 Dec 2018Guillaume Rohat receives ITC Publication Award
- Fri 23 Nov 2018Victor Jetten wins the 2018 Geo Prestige Award
- Fri 23 Nov 2018Alireza Ajami wins the 2018 GIN-NCG Thesis Prize