The project SMARTseeds will implement a financially sustainable information service that supports 100.000 chili, tomato and cucumber farmers to increase their production, income, and food security and to reduce the inputs of water, fertilizer and pesticides. The ITC Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation of the University of Twente is knowledge partner in the project, which is financed through Geodata for Agriculture and Water (G4AW), a Dutch programme aimed at improving food security in developing countries by using satellite data. The Netherlands Space Office (NSO) is executing this programme, commissioned by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.more
- 23 10 2013 Registration for the GEM MSc course is now open!
- 09 10 2013 ITC's presence at Open House at the campus
- 07 10 2013 University of Twente once again climbs the Times Higher Education ranking ladder
- 03 10 2013 GIMA, 10 years celebration
- 03 10 2013 Opening of the ITC academic programme