The project SMARTseeds will implement a financially sustainable information service that supports 100.000 chili, tomato and cucumber farmers to increase their production, income, and food security and to reduce the inputs of water, fertilizer and pesticides. The ITC Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation of the University of Twente is knowledge partner in the project, which is financed through Geodata for Agriculture and Water (G4AW), a Dutch programme aimed at improving food security in developing countries by using satellite data. The Netherlands Space Office (NSO) is executing this programme, commissioned by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.more
- 30 09 2010 International Students Get to Know The Netherlands and Enschede!
- 28 09 2010 Academic Programme ITC opened!
- 22 09 2010 Earth Observation Community at 52North.org
- 21 09 2010 Opening Academic Programme Faculty ITC
- 20 09 2010 Introduction Day for International Students in Enschede
- 14 09 2010 Human Sensor Web
- 14 09 2010 H2.O Platform Launched
- 14 09 2010 Customary Tenure Institutions and Good Governance
- 07 09 2010 UT Graduation Prize for Mr. Matthew Ofwono
- 03 09 2010 Remote sensing of tropical coastal waters
- 02 09 2010 The Architecture of Global Governance: A Case Study of E-Government in Jordan
- 02 09 2010 African Freshwater Species Threatened
- 01 09 2010 What if water and sanitation monitoring data …