Contact and FAQ

Become a high-skilled geospatial professional


  • I’d like to study at ITC. How do I get there?

    ITC is a faculty of the University of Twente and offers a variety of courses, ranging from Applied Earth Sciences to Water Resources and Environmental Management. Please visit our Study home page. You can find information regarding entry requirements, funding and staying in the Netherlands. Through the course finder on this page, you can find any specific course offered here at ITC. The course finder will lead you to the actual registration process. If you cannot find what you are looking for, you are welcome to contact us via the contact form.

  • I’d like to study at ITC. What courses do you offer?

    Please see our Study home page and check out our course finder.

  • I cannot seem to find the course I am interested in. I know I saw it offered last year. Where can I find it?

    In our course finder registration links are rendered invisible when registration deadlines have passed, and courses are removed when they have started or been discontinued. If you cannot find the course you are interested in for this year, please check if the course is offered next year. You can use our course finder. If you cannot find what you are looking for, you are welcome to contact us via the contact form.

  • I’d like to study at ITC. Can you send me an application form?

    Applications for ITC courses are made via the online application system Osiris. Application procedures are depending on the course you wish to follow. You can find the course of your interest in the ITC Studyfinder.

  • I’d like to study at ITC. What are the minimum requirements?

    Please check the minimum admission requirements. You will find the minimum requirements for each level of education. You require a university Bachelor degree to enter a Master of Science, Master or Postgraduate course.

Financial matters

  • How can I find the costs of studying at ITC?

    The list of all course fees can be found on the website under fees and costs

  • Do I have to pay the living allowance as well as the course fees?

    It is a requirement that candidates coming to study at ITC must deposit their living costs in advance. A monthly allowance is then paid back from the deposited sum. You will then pay all your living costs such as accommodation and meals from this monthly allowance.

  • How do I get an invoice for the course tuition fees and other costs?

    A proforma invoice for the course to which you have been academically admitted will be sent to you as an attachment to your (provisional) admission letter.

  • How far in advance do I need to pay my course fees?

    The deadline for payment of all fees is shown on the Proforma Invoice.

  • I have applied for a course at ITC and have received a Proforma Invoice. Is there an early bird discount?

    Unfortunately no, there is not. Please also see our section on fees and costs.

  • I have applied for a course at ITC and wish to pay my tuition expenses in instalments. What do I need to do?

    The tuition fee and additional costs are to be fully paid in advance to cover the total duration of the course. However, applicants for the Master's or Postgraduate course may request the facility to pay their total expenses (i.e. the full amounts shown on the invoice, comprising, tuition fee, living allowances, insurance and residence permit fee) in two equal annual instalments.

    This facility does NOT apply to those in receipt of a scholarship administered by the University of Twente. The exact amount for the two instalments can be found on the ITC website under fees and costs.

    Do keep in mind that missing your payment deadline of the second instalment will result in your immediate de-enrollment from ITC and cancellation of your visa.


  • I’d like to study at ITC. How do I get funding/a fellowship?

    There are many ways of looking for funding to follow a course at ITC. One way is to use the grant finder. For the ITC master’s (MSc) programme, studying the entire program full time in ITC a number of partial scholarships are available. In a competitive procedure scholarships will be allocated to excellent students. May we also point out that we can be found on the Nuffic study finder.

  • I would like to apply for the Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP). How do I  apply?

    If you want to be nominated for an OKP fellowship you can indicate this during the course application process. At ITC you apply for a course via the study finder. Find the course suitable for you, that matches your academic and/or professional background and field of interest and register.

  • I would like to apply for the Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP). What are the deadlines for ITC courses?

    We refer you to the application deadline information of OKP on the ITC website.

  • I would like to apply for the Middle East and Northern Africa Scholarship Programme (MSP) for short courses with a duration less than 4 months. How do I apply?

    If you want to be nominated for the MSP fellowship you can indicate this during the course application process. At ITC you apply for a course via the study finder. Find the course suitable for you, that matches your academic background and/or professional background and field of interest and register. This will lead you to the ITC Digital Application Form (DAF). For more information on how to apply for a course, please see our FAQ and our Study pages.

  • I would like to apply for the Middle East and Northern Africa Scholarship Programme (MSP) for short courses with a duration less than 4 months. What are the deadlines for ITC courses?

     We refer you to the application deadline information of MSP on the ITC website.


  • My name or other personal information is incorrect in my online application page. What should I do? 

    All data shown are exactly as entered by you in your online application. Please note that your name should be entered according to your passport data. You are able to correct any data during the application process. If you make changes, however, it would be greatly appreciated if you could personally inform the registration officer via your online application page.

  • I cannot upload documents in the online registration process. What should I do? 

    During the online application process, you can only upload PDF files The maximum file size allowed for each file is 15 MB. If your files are of a different type, please convert them to PDF. To reduce file size, you can use black-and-white scanning. Please make sure your scans remain readable. Thumbnails are not accepted.

  • I do not have sufficient space to upload all my documents. What should I do?

    Please only include the necessary and most important documents. The most important documents are degrees, diplomas and course records. Lower education diplomas such as high-school certificates or short course certificates are not required. If we find that the uploaded degrees/diplomas do not meet the standards, we will contact you through the online application process. Please also check our admission requirements per course level at our study page.

  • I do not have a degree or diploma. Can I still apply? 

    In principle, we need a degree or diploma to be able to assess your eligibility to join courses at ITC. For most courses we require a university Bachelor degree; for instance if you wish to follow a Master of Science, Postgraduate course or short course. If you intend to seek a fellowship, please note that most sponsors also need proof of your degree or diploma. For our diploma course in Geoinformatics, a Bachelor's degree is not required but proof of your high-school qualifications is necessary.

    Those who are finalizing their bachelor degree studies approx. 2,5 months (or earlier) prior to the start of the ITC course applied for, can apply at an earlier stage indicating clearly the expected period when the official bachelor degree and complete transcript will be uploaded. A letter of the present university stating the status of the student and finalization date and the transcript of courses followed and their grades should be uploaded while applying for the course. After a positive assessment by ITC a conditional letter will be provided, which will be replaced by an official acceptance letter when the official degree and complete transcript are uploaded in the application system. In the meantime the financial matters can be continued. Do note that most sponsors do not accept a conditional letter when applying for their fellowship.

  • What is a course record and why do I need to show one? 

    We need a course record, grade record or study statement from the university you attended (transcript/overview of marks/grades/subjects) to be able to assess your eligibility to join courses at ITC.

  • I need to upload a copy of my passport but do not have one yet. What can I do?

    We need a copy of your passport or EU identification card for registration purposes. However, it is not essential in the early stages of applying for an ITC course. Once you are certain of coming to ITC, a passport is an absolute necessity, not only for travelling to the Netherlands but also for visa purposes.

  • I have applied for one course at ITC but I am interested in more. May I apply for another course simultaneously?

    Yes, you may apply for more than one course simultaneously. However, we limit the number of simultaneous applications to three. Please note that your applications should be in line with your educational background. It is best to submit applications only for those courses for which you are specifically qualified, as it is unlikely that you will be accepted otherwise. Once you have applied for additional courses, we will require you to upload supporting documents again.

  • I have applied for one course but would like to change to another course. How can I do this?

    You can apply for multiple courses simultaneously. For an MSc course, you can do so via (and cancel your other application if you wish). For short courses, please inform your admission officer by sending an email to Please indicate the course you wish to withdraw the application from. Then, using your existing online profile, submit a new application by selecting the course you desire via the course finder. We will withdraw the initial application for you.

  • When is the deadline for submitting my application?

    The deadline for submitting your application (registration deadline) depends on the course you want to apply for.

    The main registration deadlines are:

    • Twelve weeks before starting date of Master's, Postgraduate and Diploma courses;
    • Six weeks before starting date of courses 12 weeks or less;
    • Four weeks before starting date of distance courses.

    Find the exact deadlines in the programme overview of the course of your interest. Go to the studyfinder to find your course.


  • I do not know my password anymore. What should I do?

    In the login section of the online application system Osiris,


    Then fill in the requested information and click on Submit. A new username and/or password will be sent to your personal email address.

Eligibility/Status: (provisional) Acceptance

  • I have been “provisionally accepted”. What does this mean?

    Based on the information you have provided, you appear to be eligible for the course you have applied for. You have received an admission letter and a pro-forma invoice. The course fees and other costs shown in the pro-forma invoice need to be paid in full before you may join the course. These fees need to be paid by either yourself or a fellowship sponsor. You may need the (provisional) admission letter for your application for funding from sponsors. After receiving your payment and/or scholarship award letter and after ITC has received certified hard copies (not applicable for short courses) of your academic documents, the status of your application will be changed to 'Approved'.

  • Apparently my status is “In process”. What does this mean?

    This means that your application has been received and is being processed. Possibly the information you have submitted is not yet complete, so we are unable to assess your eligibility. In this case you will need to supply further information. If further information is needed, then we will contact you. Please look for messages on your application page from the student registrar or contact us via the application page. Until the application is provisionally accepted, you will not be able to obtain a provisional admission letter.

  • I have indicated in the online application process that I am a native English speaker but I still have to supply proof of English language ability. Why?

    The admission officer has indicated in your application what the reason is for requesting you to supply proof of English language ability. Please check the programme's admission criteria to find more information on English language requirements.

  • I have been asked to supply proof of English language ability. I do not have it yet. May I supply this later?

    Unfortunately, without a sufficient English language test report, your application will not be processed.

  • I have received a (provisional) letter of acceptance. How long is it valid? May I use it again for next year?

    No, unfortunately you can’t use the letter again. A (provisional) letter of acceptance remains valid for one year and only for the course you applied for.

    Therefore, you will need to re-apply for the next academic year to receive a new (provisional) letter of acceptance.

  • I have an old letter of admission that is still valid but I would like to change the details. How do I go about this?

    If you wish to change your details or receive a new admission letter, you will have to make a new application for a course via the course finder. You may use your existing profile to make the new application.

  • Do I need to send hard copies of my documents by postal service?

    During your admission process at the University of Twente, we request you provide us with certified hardcopies after we have received your payment or scholarship award letter (not applicable for Short courses).

    Dutch law requires the University of Twente to pursue these certified photocopies of the final documents (after graduation) to finalize a student's enrolment. Please send us certified photocopies of your final documents.

    If you still have to pass your diploma/degree, please wait until you have received the final documents, as no temporary or predicted documents are accepted. The deadline to submit the certified photocopies is before the start of your study. Please be aware that you can not be enrolled if we do not receive the documents before the start of your study.


  • I have been admitted to an ITC course. How do I get a visa?

    Please check our visa and immigration page on our website website. For courses lasting more than three months, a residence permit is required for the Netherlands. ITC will apply for this permit on your behalf. Please note that you should NOT apply to the embassy for a residence permit yourself.

  • Can you arrange a visa / residence permit for my family members?

    Unfortunately, no we cannot arrange visas or residence permits for family members.

    Under Dutch Government rules, you need to apply for a family members residence permit once you (the student) arrive in the Netherlands. Within the application process, you will need to prove that you have sufficient financial means to support your family. Details of these requirements can be found at the website of the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND).

    Because of these rules and requirements, it will not be possible for family members to travel with you at the start of your course if they require a residence permit.

Termination of Account

  • I applied for a course online and have now received a message that my application has been removed. What happened?

    To be able to assess your eligibility for an ITC course, we need to determine whether you hold the appropriate academic qualifications. We determine this on the basis of your uploads of degrees, diplomas and course records. You must upload your highest academic qualifications within a period of 20 days. If you have not done so within this period, your application is automatically deleted.

  • I would like to terminate my application and my account at ITC. How do I go about this?

    You can inform the student registrar via the online application page at any time. We will terminate your account upon request.

Accommodation at ITC

  • Will you help me to find living accommodation?

    Yes, we will automatically reserve you a single room in the ITC Hotel for the period of your study.

  • Do I have to stay in the ITC Hotel?

    ITC courses are considered as ‘residential’, and students are required to stay in the ITC hotel for the first 12 months of their stay.

  • Can you book me a double / family room?

    The ITC only has single accommodation, we do not have double or family rooms available.

Request for information

  • I’d like to study at ITC. Do you have an information brochure?

    You can download a copy of our digital Master's brochures.