So, you got accepted to study in the Netherlands! Congratulations!
Before coming here, we know there is a bunch of things you need to arrange, and we want to give you a hand. It’s always helpful to have a rundown of what items you may want to pack, so the Student Association Board organised a comprehensive international packing list.
The packing list
All documents (copies)
Raincoat / Umbrella
Photographs (passport size)
Toothbrush & paste
Click pencil + leader
Induction pressure cooker
Remember the above list is only a suggestion!
- It is important to bring enough money until you get your first allowance, which will take about one month.
- Keep in mind that the hotel provides towels, pillows, blankets and bedsheets.
- If your country weather is different from the Netherlands, you will probably find the weather here cold, so make sure to dress appropriately and bring warm clothes. It might be cheaper to buy thermal clothes and heavy jackets here.
- If you decide to bring any pans, make sure they are compatible with the induction system of the hotel.
- There are many shops located within walking distance of the accommodation where you can buy all sort of things; we will provide you with a list upon your arrival. We will also organize a moving-in market where you can get second-hand items.
- The standard voltage in the Netherlands is 220-240V. The power outlet in the Netherlands is composed of two adjacent holes next to each other, if it is different from your home country, bring a travel adapter.
- We recommend you bring prescription medicine and the pills you usually take for cold and flu, pain relief, allergies, etc.
Looking forward to seeing you here,
Student Association Board (SAB) - ITC