ILWIS Documentation version 3
The links in this page are also available at the 52North site, in the section on ILWIS 3.0 documentation. At 52North there is also documentation available for newer versions of ILWIS.
ILWIS 3.0 came with a fully updated User's Guide.
The ILWIS 3.0 User's Guide is intended for those who want to know how ILWIS 3.0 is used in basic GIS and Image Processing operations. It trains the skills you need to work with ILWIS, including explanations and procedures for first time users in addition to topics for more advanced users. It provides numerous exercises to practice GIS techniques and Image Processing operations and can be used both by persons that want to learn how to work with ILWIS by themselves, or in a course environment.
- When working with the ILWIS 3.1 software, see the document: How to use the ILWIS 3.0 User's Guide with ILWIS 3.1
- For advanced case studies, please use the ILWIS 2.1 Applications Guide
ILWIS 3.1 and beyond
Data (.ZIP, 679 kB)
use same data as above
Unesco-Rapca, Capacitación en SIG, Ejercicios SIG (in Spanish)
Dos ejercicios básicos y 12 casos de estudio para el análisis de amenazas, vulnerabilidad y riesgo (texto + datos)
Data (.ZIP, 1.0 MB)
ILWIS 3.0 User's Guide
Contents (56 kB)
Introduction to ILWIS 3.0 (697 kB)
Chapter 1 (615 kB)
Main concepts of ILWIS 3.0 (692 kB)
Chapter 2 (787 kB)
Spatial data input (674 kB)
Chapter 3 (9 kB)
Spatial data management (393 kB)
Chapter 4 (all) (63.9 MB)
- Most data (6.6 MB)
- Ikonos image (48 MB)
- w100s10.dem (8.9 MB)
Attribute data handling (762 kB)
Chapter 5 (120 kB)
Image Processing (1.3 MB)
Chapter 6 (2.6 MB)
Chapter 7 (1.8 MB)
Chapter 8 (1.0 MB)
Chapter 9 (1.1 MB)
Using Digital Elevation Models (414 kB)
Chapter 10 (1.4 MB)
Chapter 11 (196 kB)
Chapter 12 (1.2 MB)
Presentation of results (586 kB)
Chapter 13 (5.0 MB)
Index (32 kB)
Complete ILWIS 3.0 User's Guide (all text as .ZIP, 5.7 MB)
How to use the ILWIS 3.0 User's Guide with ILWIS 3.1 (.PDF, 2 kB)
Tips on the use of PDF and ZIP files
By simply clicking the links in the table above, you can:
- Directly view text an individual chapter of the ILWIS 3.0 User's Guide on your screen as a .PDF file.
- Download text of an individual chapter of the ILWIS 3.0 User's Guide as a .PDF file. To view or print the contents of a .PDF file, you need to have installed Acrobat Reader.
- Download text of all chapters of the ILWIS 3.0 User's Guide as a .ZIP file. The .ZIP file contains all .PDF files of the ILWIS 3.0 User's Guide.
- Download data of exercises described in a chapter of the ILWIS 3.0 User's Guide as a .ZIP file. A data .ZIP file contains all ILWIS maps and tables to start the exercises of a ILWIS 3.0 User's Guide chapter. To extract files from a .ZIP file after a download, you need to have installed 7-Zip.