The SAB is the representative body for all students at ITC. Our mission is to provide an on-going connection between the student body and ITC management while developing positive goodwill and support to the Institute for Geo-information Science and Earth Observation. We also aim to make the postgraduate experience at ITC as enjoyable and rewarding as possible.
In this regard, we run several academic, social and sports activities in collaboration with ITC student affairs:
- We issue newsletters that bring in latest academic articles and other activities for the welfare of the students.
- We organize the annual Teacher of the year event that aims at recognizing the hard work and talent of our dedicated teachers.
- We ensure the students’ representation in the Programme Committee.
- We maintain regular contact with the educational manager about general education-related issues.
- We arrange workshops like stargazing and open days.
- We organize and support the students to participate in the International Sports Day and in the Batavierenrace.
- In addition, we also plan and arrange the International Food Festival, parties, movie nights, and excursions to places like Amsterdam, Keukenhof gardens, creating a conducive environment for the students at ITC.
We will keep updating you on upcoming activities.
Isadora Rezende de Oliveira Silva
Sports & Finance Commissioner
Mowaninuola Ibrahim Osifeso
Md Tanvir Rahman Chowdhury
Ayu Adi Justicea
Here you can find the constitution of the SAB, incl. Procedures Class Representative (PDF,).
Social and sports activities
In cooperation with ITC Student Affairs, the Student Association Board (SAB) organises social and sports activities for students, such as:
- day trips, for example, to Amsterdam or once a year in Spring to the famous Keukenhof Flower and Bulb Exposition
- the annual ITC International Social Evening (in November), with students from each country performing dance and musical routines
- ITC participation in the International Students Sports Day (in March), when students from the international education institutes and universities in the Netherlands compete against one another
- the annual ITC Spring Party (in April) when we celebrate the New Season and say goodbye to the Master of Science Graduates
- the annual ITC International Food Festival (in May) when students from each country present their culinary culture
- end-of-module parties
You can click on the links below to find more information about the events, excursions and sports: