Investigating Water Quality!
Performing Field Measurements!
Modelling Physical Processes!
Understanding Climate Impacts!
Ensuring Food Security!
Helping Sustainable Growth!
Water Resources (WRS)
The department of Water Resources is a multidisciplinary scientific department specialising in scientific research and education in earth observation and geo-information sciences for the understanding, monitoring, predicting and sustainable use and management of water resources.
|Download the flyer: |
MSc course in Water Resources and Environmental Management (PDF)
We conduct frontier scientific researches in understanding the water, climate, ecosystem and human interactions in the Earth system. Our aim is to advance scientific knowledge in understanding, monitoring, predicting and sustainable use and management of water resources, by means of earth observation and spatial technologies.
Projects executed by the department.
- FLEX/S3 PARCS
- GEONETCast for Early Warning and Food Security – Ethiopia
- AGRICAB increased EO capacity for better agriculture and forestry management in Africa
- IN PLACE Integrated Network for Production and Loss Assessment in the Coastal Environment
- Capacity Building for Integrated Water Resources Management in South Africa
- SEBS4Google Implementation of SEBS on Google Earth Engine
- TIGER Capacity Building Facility (2nd phase)
- CEOP-AEGIS Hydrology and climatology on the Tibetan plateau
The GEONETCast Toolbox, developed as a plug-in as of the ILWIS version 3.7 and higher, is offering a set of utilities that facilitate easy import of various satellite and environmental data / products that are disseminated via GEONETCast, into a common GIS environment.