ILWIS - Remote Sensing and GIS software
Integrated Land and Water Information System (ILWIS)
The Integrated Land and Water Information System (ILWIS) is a PC-based GIS & Remote Sensing software, developed by ITC up to release 3.3 in 2005. ILWIS comprises a complete package of image processing, spatial analysis and digital mapping. It is easy to learn and use; it has full on-line help, extensive tutorials for direct use in courses and 25 case studies of various disciplines.
As per 1 July 2007, ILWIS software is freely available ('as-is' and free of charge) as open source software (binaries and source code) under the 52°North initiative (GPL license). This software version is called ILWIS Open.
Go the 52°North web page for the latest version of ILWIS Open, downloads and documentation.
ILWIS support by ITC has been stopped. For support, go to the ILWIS discussion list at the 52°North web page.
- Integrated raster and vector design
- Import and export of widely used data formats
- On-screen and tablet digitizing
- Comprehensive set of image processing tools
- Orthophoto, image georeferencing, transformation and mosaicing
- Advanced modeling and spatial data analysis
- 3D visualization with interactive editing for optimal view findings
- Rich projection and coordinate system library
- Geo-statisitical analyses, with Kriging for improved interpolation
- Production and visualization of stereo image pairs
- Spatial Multiple Criteria Evaluation
- Set of operations on DEMs/DTMs and hydrological processing