The Capacity Building Facility (TCBF 2) is implemented now by a consortium of four partners:
- Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC), University of Twente, the Netherlands;
- Technical University Delft (TUD) the Netherlands;
- Flemish Institute for Technological Research, VITO, Belgium (go to VITOs TIGER CBF page) and
- Institute for Statistics and Geo-Information, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, ISEGI-UNL, Portugal.
Twenty research projects get support in the Capacity Building Facility.
Furthermore, three Regional Offices are established in the time span of 2009-2012:
- AGRHYMET Regional Centre in Niger;
- Regional Centre for Mapping of Resources for Development (RCMRD) in Kenya and
- Water Research Commission (WRC) in South Africa.