ITC carries out various research and educational projects in economically less developed countries.
Project services often serve as a follow-up to alumni and their organisations. Since the foundation of ITC, a variety of project assignments, more than 1000, were completed around the world. The majority of the projects emphasise institutional development and capacity building.
The types of project services that are offered are: Advisory services, Institutional development, Contract research and development, and Contract training.
ITC's multidisciplinary and problem-oriented approach focuses on the use and provision of geo-information and earth observation.
Over the years, ITC has built up a large clientele in Asia, Latin America, Africa, Europe and the Middle East.
An overview of major projects.
- AfriAlliance for Water and Climate
- AGRICAB Increased EO capacity for agriculture and forestry management in Africa
- Building Inclusive Urban Communities (BInUCom)
- Capacity Building for Integrated Water Resources Management in South Africa
- CEOP-AEGIS Hydrology and climatology on the Tibetan plateau
- Cycling Academic Network
- EOIA Lake Naivasha
- FAO: Agricultural water and land productivity in Africa and the Near East
- FLEX / S3 Photosynthesis
- FLEX/S3 PARCS
- GEO Network for Capacity Building (GEONetCab)
- GEOCAP - Geothermal Capacity Building Programme Indonesia - Netherlands
- GEONETCast applications for and by developing countries (DevCoCast)
- GEONETCast for Early Warning and Food Security – Ethiopia
- Guatemala, Capacity Building in Land Administration – Phase 1
- Guatemala, Capacity Building in Land Administration – Phase 2
- Implementation of the training strategy of the MESA Programme
- Implementing Sustainable Earth Observation Based Wetland Monitoring Capacity in Africa and Beyond
- IN PLACE Integrated Network for Production and Loss Assessment in the Coastal Environment
- Incomati IWRM
- Integrated Infrastructure Planning and Community Development - Yogyakarta City
- Kathmandu Participatory River Monitoring
- LAMP 2 - Philippines
- Land Registration in Uzbekistan – Phase 3
- National Geo-Information Centre for Natural Resource Management
- Natural disaster risk reduction (DRR) in Georgia
- OWAS1S Optimizing water availability with Sentinel-1 satellites
- Satelliet gebaseerde hydrologische datalevering (SATDATA)
- Scenario Development, Spatial Planning Support Systems and Decision Support
- SEBS4Google Implementation of SEBS on Google Earth Engine
- Sensors, Empowerment, Accountability in Tanzania (SEMA)
- SMAP Freeze-Thaw: Modelling Freeze-Thaw Processes with Active and Passive Microwave Observations
- Social Tenure Domain Model (STDM)
- STARS project
- Stimulating Innovation for Global Monitoring of Agriculture (SIGMA)
- Strengthening the capacity of Geo-Information and Earth Observation sciences, Rwanda
- Sustainable Management of Mineral Resources
- Sustaining Business and Nature in Lake Naivasha Basin (WWF Kenya - IWRAP)
- Tibetan plateau monsoon scale study
- TIGER Bridge (IV)
- TIGER Capacity Building Facility (2nd phase, extended)
- TIGER Capacity Building Facility (Phase 1)
- Transparency in Land Administration – Phase 1
- Transparency in Land Administration – Phase 2 – Africa
- Transparency in Land Administration – Phase 3 – Asia
- Tuning Africa
- Vietnam, Capacity Building in Land Administration
The ITC projects database lists the application of ITC's expertise in different projects.