The project SMARTseeds will implement a financially sustainable information service that supports 100.000 chili, tomato and cucumber farmers to increase their production, income, and food security and to reduce the inputs of water, fertilizer and pesticides. The ITC Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation of the University of Twente is knowledge partner in the project, which is financed through Geodata for Agriculture and Water (G4AW), a Dutch programme aimed at improving food security in developing countries by using satellite data. The Netherlands Space Office (NSO) is executing this programme, commissioned by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.more
- 27 03 2013 Will the Agrimi survive the Samaria Gorge?
- 26 03 2013 ITC and Beijing Normal University sign MoU
- 18 03 2013 Tsehaie Woldai Fellow African Academy of Sciences
- 13 03 2013 Satellite imagery applied to Species Distribution Modelling
- 06 03 2013 Fighting Wildlife Crime: Sharing Information Across Borders
- 01 03 2013 Marina van Damme Grant 2013