The project SMARTseeds will implement a financially sustainable information service that supports 100.000 chili, tomato and cucumber farmers to increase their production, income, and food security and to reduce the inputs of water, fertilizer and pesticides. The ITC Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation of the University of Twente is knowledge partner in the project, which is financed through Geodata for Agriculture and Water (G4AW), a Dutch programme aimed at improving food security in developing countries by using satellite data. The Netherlands Space Office (NSO) is executing this programme, commissioned by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.more
- 17 01 2014 NFP fellowship deadline for Master's and Postgraduate diploma programmes approaches!
- 16 01 2014 ITC participating organization of GEO
- 14 01 2014 Marina van Damme Grant 2014
- 14 01 2014 ITC: coordinating partner of the Geothermal Capacity Building Programme
- 10 01 2014 Prediction of co-seismic soil slope instability with finite element models