The GeoScience Laboratory (GSL) is an unique research facility: it houses a combination of spectroscopy, geophysics and (geo)chemistry to support in-depth research of spatial sciences. GSL has the facilities to carry out spectroscopic and/or analytical measurements on different sample materials (soil, water, minerals, etc.). These measurements can vary from IR-spectral measurements on organic (vegetation) or inorganic (soils, minerals) samples, chemical analysis of water and solid samples to determine element concentrations. The GSL provides training for correct sampling and analytical measurements, usage of equipment with a strong emphasis on the quality control aspects. This can take place before or after a data collection phase of a research project.
You ensure that samples are analyzed according to protocol. Training students and staff in protocols/analytical equipment to perform their research activities within the set time frame of the research project. Further you will keep the laboratory operational in terms of equipment and consumables.
- Performing analysis accurately with quality control on a range of analytical equipment
- Super-user of certain lab and field equipment
- Assisting in teaching lab techniques and instruction on equipment
- Management of consumables (chemicals, gloves, sample bags, etc.) and ordering
- Support in ITC wide lab related projects
- You hold a HBO/BSc in chemistry
- You have excellend analytical skills
- Good communication skills in English and Dutch
- You are creative and good in sharing/storing knowledge
- Quality oriented
- Ability to learn
- Safety orientation
- Work efficiently
- Knowledge of Excel/Word and analytical software programs
- Teaching experience
Please submit your application before 25 March 2018 (choose “apply now” below). Your application has to include (i) a motivation letter and (ii) a detailed CV.
We offer an inspiring and challenging international environment. You will be employed for a period of 2 years. Prolongation of the contract after this period is a possibility.
- Gross monthly salary between € 2465.- and € 3292.- depending on experience and qualifications (job profile Research Technician V-profile, level 2).
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%
- Excellent support for research and facilities for professional and personal development.
- A solid pension scheme
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave
- Minimum of 29 holiday days in case of full-time employment
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC) of the University of Twente provides international postgraduate education, research and project services in the field of geo-information science and earth observation using remote sensing and GIS. The aim of ITC's activities is the international exchange of knowledge, focusing on capacity building and institutional development in developing countries and emerging economies.