From January 2018, you have to deliver your publication and your metadata to Pure: the new research information system of the University of Twente. Pure is a product by Elsevier. All UT research output will be added to Pure Research Information System and will be published on a public portal: University of Twente Research Information. The ITC resumes will be replaced by the Pure portal profiles. Click here for an example.
We all hope it will improve the visibility of the research results, the researchers and the UT as a whole. The system will also be used to produce management support reports about research at the UT (Executive Board, Faculty Board, Strategy & Policy)
Pure has two modules: the back-end, accessible via the employee portal, and the Pure portal visible to the outside world at https://research.utwente.nl/en We have a created a short manual on how to manage your input.
The advantages for you as a researcher are:
1. automatic import of metadata from external publication databases (e.g. Web of Science)
2. worldwide visibility of research information, including a personal profile, prizes, press/media etc.
3. research networks is visible in several formats.
All ITC research staff already has a personal profile and publication list in Pure base on the ITC resume's. Some information in Pure is imported from UT central source systems and cannot be changed.
There are two ways to maintain your profile and publication list:
- Maintain your profile in Pure yourself: ITC library library will validate your input before it becomes visible in the portal. If we make changes, you will be notified via e-mail.
- Input your information via the Metadataform as described below. As soon as we have put the information into the Pure database you will be notified via automated e-mail. This is what you used to do for Adlib.
In both cased the ITC Library validates the input.
This form for delivering metadata concerning your academic output is a service from the ITC Faculty Library. Through this form the delivered metadata will be transferred to our database Adlib; the ITC library catalogue which is at the same time our research management information system.
The library staff will do some editing and verification, if necessary, before entering the metadata into the database. The information will also be uploaded to the UT Repository. If possible we place the full text of the articles on the Internet. We always check the copyright possibilities or restrictions.
As soon as the information has been added to our database Adlib the information is automatically displayed on the
- Academic Output pages,
- the Departmental Pages,
- the Research Theme Pages,
- your Personal Resume Page.
A wide range of (digital) publications can be submitted through this form.
Choose the correct category in the listing below and fill in the form.
For further information on submitting documents and/or metadata, please consult Marga Koelen.