InCite the Journal Citation Reports is a comprehensive and unique resource that allows you to evaluate and compare journals using citation data drawn from over 12,000 scholarly and technical journals from more than 3,300 publishers in over 80 countries. It is the only source of citation data on journals, and includes virtually all areas of science, technology, and social sciences.
Journal Citation Reports can show you the:
- Most frequently cited journals in a field
- Highest impact journals in a field
- Largest journals in a field
Citation and article counts are important indicators of how frequently current researchers are using individual journals. By tabulating and aggregating citation and article counts, JCR offers a unique perspective for journal evaluation and comparison.
Journal Citation Reports is published annually in two editions. ITC subscribed to:
- JCR Science Edition contains data from over 8,400 journals in science and technology.
- JCR Social Sciences Edition contains data from over 3,000 journals in the social sciences.
Conditions of use of the electronic journals and databases
The use of electronic journals and databases is subject to the following agreements between ITC and publishers:
- The use is limited to staff and students of the University and visitors to the ITC Library.
- Only personal use for study, research and education is allowed; commercial use is strictly prohibited.
- Downloading is restricted to reasonable amounts for your personal use.
- Downloaded materials cannot be distributed to third parties.
Once you are logged on, you are personally responsible for all on-line activities in that session, including library access.
If you have any questions about the license agreement, or if you need services that appear to fall outside the agreement, please contact the librarian, Marga Koelen