The project SMARTseeds will implement a financially sustainable information service that supports 100.000 chili, tomato and cucumber farmers to increase their production, income, and food security and to reduce the inputs of water, fertilizer and pesticides. The ITC Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation of the University of Twente is knowledge partner in the project, which is financed through Geodata for Agriculture and Water (G4AW), a Dutch programme aimed at improving food security in developing countries by using satellite data. The Netherlands Space Office (NSO) is executing this programme, commissioned by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.more
- 07 05 2013 Eco-crime: illegal deforestation
- 14 05 2013 Guest lecture by Prof. Hans van Ginkel: "World 6.0"
- 15 05 2013 PhD defence Ms Jing Xiao
- 17 05 2013 PhD defence of Mr Walter de Vries
- 22 05 2013 Lunch with the UT Rector (for students only)
- 22 05 2013 Meet the Dean - special
- 29 05 2013 International Food Festival