The project SMARTseeds will implement a financially sustainable information service that supports 100.000 chili, tomato and cucumber farmers to increase their production, income, and food security and to reduce the inputs of water, fertilizer and pesticides. The ITC Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation of the University of Twente is knowledge partner in the project, which is financed through Geodata for Agriculture and Water (G4AW), a Dutch programme aimed at improving food security in developing countries by using satellite data. The Netherlands Space Office (NSO) is executing this programme, commissioned by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.more
- 04 04 2012 PhD Defence Ms Xi Zhao
- 11 04 2012 Global changes and challenges concerning water: Where do we go in research? Are we teaching the right stuff?
- 18 04 2012 PhD Defence Ms Coco Musaningabe Rulinda
- 19 04 2012 Why should earth scientists care about statistics?
- 20 04 2012 Fill the Gap!
- 25 04 2012 PhD Defence Mr Pu Hao
- 25 04 2012 Farewell party Sjef van der Steen