See Prepare your stay

Visa & immigration

Foreign students who wish to study at ITC in the Netherlands need to go through Dutch immigration procedures. Depending on how long you are going to stay, you may need:

  • a short-stay visa/tourist visa
  • authorization for a temporary stay.

Short-stay visa/tourist visa

For a stay of less than three months, you need a short-stay visa (Visum Kort Verblijf), depending on your nationality.

Authorization for temporary stay

If you are staying longer than three months, you need authorization for a temporary stay (Machtiging tot Voorlopig Verblijf (MVV)). The regular application procedure for an MVV may take three to six months, sometimes even longer. ITC will apply for an MVV on your behalf using a fast-track procedure of approximately six to eight weeks.

Residence permit

If you are staying longer than three months, ITC will assist you in applying for a residence permit. ITC will also assist you in registering at the local town hall after your arrival in the Netherlands.

More information on visas, MVV and residence permits can be found at