The Orange Tulip Scholarship (OTS) offers talented students from South Africa and other SADC countries the opportunity to obtain a Master degree at the University of Twente. The scholarship programme is highly selective, offering one scholarship with a value of EUR 22,000.
This scholarship is highly selective, offering one scholarship for the academic year 2022/2023. This scholarship is excluded for e-courses and joint programmes.
Please note: This scholarship is meant as a compensation for study related costs. It is up to the scholarship student to decide how to spend the money. No costs (e.g. tuition fees) will be paid on your behalf.
Value: EUR 22,000.
TWO YEAR STUDY PROGRAMME
In case of a 2-year study programme, students can receive an additional OTS of an amount equal to the first year to cover the expenses of the second year. However, the scholarship will only be continued during the second year when students meet the following requirements:
- After receiving the grade results of the third quartile of the first academic year you must have obtained a minimum of 30 EC with a CGPA of 70 or more.
eligible programmes and countries
This programme takes an application-oriented approach to collecting, processing, analyzing and visualizing spatial data. Graduates are at the forefront of one of today’s fastest growing industries.
Natural disasters, poverty, food shortage, epidemics, climate change: learn to tackle society’s greatest and most complex challenges with the use of spatial data.
Countries eligible for this scholarship
- Congo - Kinshasa
- South Africa
In order to be eligible for the Orange Tulip South Africa Scholarship as part of the University of Twente Scholarship Programme, you should meet all the requirements below:
- Application for a UT scholarship is a procedure separate from the application for the programme entry at the University of Twente. Regardless of funding, you will need to gain an admission first.
- You have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT Master programmes starting in the academic year 2022/2023.
- You must have a UT student number.
- You have not graduated from a UT graduate programme.
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining and entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable).
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills.
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study loan.
- The University of Twente Scholarship is a scholarship for excellent students. Typically, this means that you belong to the best 5 to 10 percent of your class.
Important: You also have to apply for the OTS South Africa scholarship at the NUFFIC Neso Office in South Africa to complete the application procedure. The deadline for this application at NUFFIC Neso Office is 1 May 2022, since NUFFIC Neso Office has to process all data and forward it to the University of Twente for processing.
Please note: The OTS is not available for current UT students.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT EACH STEP
Applying to the Orange Tulip Scholarship Programme should be done directly via the University of Twente / Osiris. Once you have passed the pre-selection you will be nominated to the scholarship selection committee at the University of Twente. As the scholarship programme is highly competitive only the most talented candidate will be granted an OTS South Africa scholarship.
Please note: that you also have to apply for the OTS South Africa scholarship at the NUFFIC Neso Office in South Africa to complete the application procedure.