FIDERH is a federal trust managed by the Central Bank of Mexico to offer affordable loans to Mexican students to finance their graduate studies, for instance the University of Twente in the Netherlands.
To obtain the loan the students have to participate in one of the application periods published on the FIDERH website. Generally, there are three calls for application each year in December, March and May, subject to the budget availability. Scholars can send their applications from Mexico or also from abroad as FIDERH also finances studies that students have already started.
- Applicable to all UT master and PhD study programmes
- Also applicable to studies already under way
- No administrative costs
- No payments and no interests during studies
- Students receive the resources in Euros and pay back in Mexican pesos
- Students start paying back the loan one year after graduation
- Pay back over 10 years time
- Discount in interest payments if the loan is paid on time and students return to work in Mexico
- Interest payments are forgone if students return to work in a Mexican University as a researcher or professor
RESULTS PRESENT APPLICATION
Publication of the results of the present application round will be made on 26 March 2021.
Detailed information FIDERH in Spanish
NOTE: This is a loan scheme, not a scholarship!
The financial scheme is divided in three stages:
The students receive either quarterly, semester or annual stipends to cover tuition fees, living expenses or medical insurance. During this period, students do not reimburse any of the loan and there is no interest accumulated on your loan.
After finishing your studies, FIDERH allows a 12 month grace period, meaning you will not have to reimburse any of the loan instalments in the first year.
Students have ten years to pay back the loan in 40 quarterly installments. Students who pay on time, are eligible to receive a discount or a cancellation in the interest rate. They also can make advanced payments without penalties.
200,000 MXN (or equivalent in Euro's) per year
This programme takes an application-oriented approach to collecting, processing, analyzing and visualizing spatial data. Graduates are at the forefront of one of today’s fastest growing industries.
Natural disasters, poverty, food shortage, epidemics, climate change: learn to tackle society’s greatest and most complex challenges with the use of spatial data.
Countries eligible for this scholarship
- Application for a FIDERH loan is a separate procedure from the application for admission at the University of Twente. Regardless of funding, you will need to be admitted to a UT study programme first
- You must be unconditionally admitted to one of the UT Master or PhD programmes
- You must already have obtained a Bachelor's degree
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable)
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90)
- You need support from a co-signer
- Read carefully the latest "convocatoria" on the FIDERH webpage https://www.fiderh.org.mx/convocatoria%202021_01.pdf