The Department of Earth Systems Analysis offers a challenging programme of MSc-level courses, and several short courses.
- Our MSc students and short course participants come from all over the world.
- Our courses offer a mix of theory and practice.
- A lot of time is reserved for hands-on training and project work, using real world examples that are often linked to our international projects.
- Our courses include the use of an array of geo-software tools: for image processing, high resolution image analysis, spatial analysis, dynamic modelling, producing GIS-based maps, and so on. Examples are: EarthEngine, Envi, IDL, Pix4D, Geosoft, Leapfrog, Salvus, RAMMS, Rockyfor3D, Flow-R, Flow-3D, Scoops3D, QGIS, and of course our own HypPy, OpenLISEM and ILWIS.
- We also make use of the facilities of ITC's Geoscience Laboratory.