The Programme Committee (PC) plays a crucial role in the quality assurance of the higher education system in the Netherlands, in accordance with the WHW (Dutch Law on Higher Education) for each education programme or groups of programmes.
The Faculty ITC has established one PC for all of its MSc degree, Diploma and Certificate courses. The PC was installed by the Dean of the Faculty on 2 February 2011. The scope of the work of the PC is currently limited to the quality of the 2-year Master of Science (MSc) degree programmes.
According to its terms of reference, the PC is responsible for the overall quality of education offered by the Faculty. Its main duties are to:
- Check the curricula and the admission/examination criteria;
- Approve and provide advice on specific parts of the Education and Examination Regulations (EER);
- Assess the implementation of the EER;
- Scrutinize all course evaluations;
- Evaluate the performance of the quality assurance system;
- Review the education policy of the faculty and the offered programme(s);
- Provide solicited or unsolicited advice or proposals to the management of the programme and to the Dean, on all matters relating to the education of the programme(s) in question.
The PC reports to the Faculty Board and to the programme managers who are responsible for the Quality Assurance System.
The Programme Committee consists of 4 staff and 4 student members:
- prof. dr. Richard Sliuzas (PGM) – chair
- dr. Iris van Duren (NRS)
- dr Rogier van der Velde (WRS)
- dr. Claudio Persello (EOS)
- Geethanjali Anjanappa (GFM)
- Druti Gangwar (NRM)
- Shruti Pande (WREM)
- Vaibhav Rajan (SE)
The Programme Committee is assisted by Lisanne Verheij MSc, who will act as educational advisor for advice and documentation and Nona Gaies for secretarial support (PC e-mail address: email@example.com).