The Programme Committee (PC) plays a crucial role in the quality assurance of the higher education system in the Netherlands, and is prescribed in accordance with the WHW (Dutch Law on Higher Education) for each education programme or groups of programmes.
The Faculty ITC decided to establish one PC for all its MSc degree, Diploma and Certificate courses. The PC was installed by the Dean of the Faculty on 2 February 2011. The scope of the work of the PC is currently limited to the quality of the 18-month Master of Science (MSc) degree programme in Geo-information Science and Earth Observation.
According to the original terms of reference, the PC is expected to give advice on:
- the curricula of the degree, diploma and certificate courses, including admission criteria and examination criteria for final assignment and thesis;
- ITC’s quality assurance system and course-specific elements of this system;
- ITC’s Education and Assessment Regulations;
- Annual evaluation of the courses and the way in which the above mentioned regulations have been implemented;
- ITC’s education policy.
The PC reports to the Dean / Portfolio holder Education who is responsible for the Quality Assurance System.
The Programme Committee consists of 4 staff and 4 student members:
- prof. dr. Mark van der Meijde (AES) – chair
- dr. Wietske Bijker (EOS)
- dr. Christopher Hecker (AES)
- drs. Joan Looijen (NRS)
- Praditya Adhitama (UPM)
- Carolyne Danilla (GFM)
- Nicholus Odhiambo Mboga (GFM)
- Deliang Gao (UPM)
The Programme Committee is assisted by Lisanne Verheij MSc, who will act as executive secretary for advice and documentation and Donny Scholten for secretarial support (PC e-mail address: email@example.com).