Maps and directions
Route map (1.0 MB)
By Car (assuming that you are coming from the west on the A1 Motorway)
If Enschede is not mentioned on the road signs yet, then follow directions to Hengelo until Enschede is mentioned.
- Take the A35, direction Enschede, and take exit number 26 "Enschede-West/Universiteit".
- At the end of the exit (traffic lights), turn left: follow direction Enschede and continue for approximately 3 km at the Westerval.
- At traffic lights, go straight ahead.
- At the end (T-crossing with traffic lights), turn left to enter the Volksparksingel.
- After 300 m. at traffic lights, go straight ahead (Parkweg).
- After another 300 m. at traffic lights, turn left to enter the Volksparktunnel.
You are now on the Tubantiasingel.
- At the second crossing with traffic lights, turn right to enter the Hengelosestraat.
- After about 500 m, turn right into a small service road (Fortuinstraat) alongside the ITC building.
- You will find a parking lot behind the building. Use the intercom at the barrier to gain admission to the car park.
From Schiphol Airport:
From Schiphol Airport there are trains to Enschede every half hour.
Trains leave from very early morning until about 23:00 h.
- Direct trains to Enschede leave from Schiphol at 37 minutes after every full hour.
- You can also take trains with direction Amersfoort, these trains leave at 7 minutes past every full hour, but then you will need to change trains at Amersfoort.
To plan a trip to ITC by train: click here.
After customs, you can purchase your train ticket from yellow ticket machines, as well as from the NS ticket & information desk, which is located in the central hall at Schiphol. The train platforms are situated directly below this central hall.
- Coming out of the Enschede railway station from the southern entrance/exit (railway station in your back, facing the bus station), walk to your right along the bus station and bicycle shed.
- Cross the street at the traffic lights, then turn right and follow the pavement through the tunnel.
- After 500 m. you will see the ITC building on your left.