ITC carries out various research and educational projects in economically less developed countries.
Project services often serve as a follow-up to alumni and their organisations. Since the foundation of ITC, a variety of project assignments, more than 1000, were completed around the world. The majority of the projects emphasise institutional development and capacity building.
The types of project services that are offered are: Advisory services, Institutional development, Contract research and development, and Contract training.
ITC's multidisciplinary and problem-oriented approach focuses on the use and provision of geo-information and earth observation.
Over the years, ITC has built up a large clientele in Asia, Latin America, Africa, Europe and the Middle East.
An overview of major projects.
- AGRICAB Increased EO capacity for agriculture and forestry management in Africa
- Capacity Building for Integrated Water Resources Management in South Africa
- CEOP-AEGIS Hydrology and climatology on the Tibetan plateau
- Cycling Academic Network
- EOIA Lake Naivasha
- FLEX/S3 PARCS
- GEO Network for Capacity Building (GEONetCab)
- GEONETCast applications for and by developing countries (DevCoCast)
- GEONETCast for Early Warning and Food Security – Ethiopia
- Guatemala, Capacity Building in Land Administration – Phase 1
- Guatemala, Capacity Building in Land Administration – Phase 2
- IN PLACE Integrated Network for Production and Loss Assessment in the Coastal Environment
- Integrated Infrastructure Planning and Community Development - Yogyakarta City
- Kathmandu Participatory River Monitoring
- LAMP 2 - Philippines
- Land Registration in Uzbekistan – Phase 3
- National Geo-Information Centre for Natural Resource Management
- Natural disaster risk reduction (DRR) in Georgia
- Scenario Development, Spatial Planning Support Systems and Decision Support
- SEBS4Google Implementation of SEBS on Google Earth Engine
- Sensors, Empowerment, Accountability in Tanzania (SEMA)
- Social Tenure Domain Model (STDM)
- Strengthening the capacity of Geo-Information and Earth Observation sciences, Rwanda
- Sustainable Management of Mineral Resources
- TIGER Capacity Building Facility
- TIGER Capacity Building Facility (Phase 1)
- Transparency in Land Administration – Phase 1
- Transparency in Land Administration – Phase 2 – Africa
- Transparency in Land Administration – Phase 3 – Asia
- Tuning Africa
- Vietnam, Capacity Building in Land Administration
The ITC projects database lists the application of ITC's expertise in different projects.