Current position: Lecturer/Researcher at the GIP department of Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC) of University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands. For the updated list of publications check this page. Here is how I, as a researcher, appear on the web: my Google scholar and Researcher ID pages.
- 2003 - 2007, PhD student at International Institute for Geo-information Science and Earth Observation (ITC), Enschede, the Netherlands. Thesis: Visualizing the evolution of image features in time-series: supporting the exploration of sensor data.
- 2002 - 2003, MSc student at International Institute for Geo-information Science and Earth Observation (ITC), Enschede, the Netherlands. Field of study: Geo-information Science and Earth Observation in Water Resources
- 1990 -1995, Student at St-Petersburg State University, St-Petersburg, Russia. Field of study: cartography
- Other training/education: 1999- 2000. Short course at CSSTE-AP, Dehradun, India. Field of study: Remote Sensing and GIS in Water Resources.
- IDL Intensive Programming course 29th November - 3rd December 2005
- Advanced IDL Programming Course 24-27th May 2005
- Presentation skills 3-day course 12 August 2005
- Scientific writing 5-day course 27 May 2005
- 2007 - present Lecturer at International Institute for Geo-information Science and Earth observation (ITC), Enschede, The Netherlands.
- 1998-2001 Head of cartographic laboratory, Kyrgyz State National University, Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic.
- 1996-1998 cartographer, North-West Geo Center (Sev-Zap Geo Center), St-Petersburg, Russia.
Mother tongue: Kyrgyz, Good proficiency in English and Russian and reasonable proficiency in Dutch
- Visualization of spatio-temporal information (GeoVisualization)
- Remote Sensing and processing of sensor data
- Remote Sensing and GIS applications to natural resources management
Experience with GIS and Remote Sensing software:
- ENVI/IDL (Experienced ENVI/IDL programmer)
- ArcView/ ArcGIS
- ERDAS Imagine
- Knowledge of MATLAB, Python
- SQL and knowledge of PostgreSQL/PostGIS DBMS
For the updated list of publications check this page. Here are some that did not make into that list:
- Singh R.K., Aggarwal S.P., Turdukulov U., Prasad V.H. (2002) Prioritization of Bata river basin using remote sensing and GIS techniques. Indian Journal of Soil Conservation 30(3):200–205
- Turdukulov, U.D. (1998) The experience of the ecological mapping of the big industrial city (Bishkek city) Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo Universiteta, Seriya Geologiya i Geografiya, 7, 2, p 107-111, Language: Russian