Strengthening the capacity of Geo-Information and Earth Observation sciences
at the National University of Rwanda
|Starting date||01 April 2011|
|Completion date||31 March 2015|
|Project leader||Dr Sherif Amer|
|Project officer||Tom Loran|
The overarching project objective is to strengthen the capacity of the National University of Rwanda (NUR) to provide quality education, research, consultancy and services in the field of Geo-Information Science (GIS) that meet labor market requirements and support the sustainable environmental and socio-economic development of Rwanda.
- To strengthen and diversify the competence of NUR’s academic staff with GIS background, and establish a solid applied research capacity,
- To enhance the content and quality of ongoing and new educational programs at NUR with GIS components,
- To upgrade and extend NUR/CGIS facilities in order to optimize the quality and relevance of the programs and activities,
- To mainstream gender equality in all activities related to GIS (cross-cutting objective),
- To establish close links between the NUR GIS education, research and consultancy activities, and the needs of the labor market and stakeholders (cross-cutting objective).