Education Seminar by Mr. Leon Cremonini
CHEPS, Twente University
Rankings as a Student Information Tool
University rankings have become a widely debated topic in higher education research and practice. In the increasingly international environment there is also a need for an international university ranking that help students choose a right university for their particular needs.
This seminar will address how ITC could use rankings as a means of attracting students:
- Which ranking systems are available and how do they work?
- What is the role of benchmarking?
- What is the meaning of these systems and for whom?
- How can they be used as student information tool?
- What is their meaning in the context of an institute for international education with mainly students from outside Europe?
The invited speaker for this education seminar is Mr. Leon Cremonini. He works as a researcher at CHEPS, the Center for Higher Education Policy Studies of Twente University, and is involved in a European project in which a German ranking system is further developed for Europe.
Bureau Education Affairs
|Event starts:||Wednesday 19 November 2008 at 13:30|
|City where event takes place:||Enschede|
|Country where event takes place:||Netherlands|