ACCURACY 2012 - Brazil
10th International Symposium on Spatial Accuracy Assessment in Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences
The Tenth International Symposium on Spatial Accuracy Assessment in Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences will be hosted by the Federal University of Santa Catarina and The State University of Santa Catarina, Florianópolis – SC, Brazil, July 10 – 13 2012 on behalf of the International Spatial Accuracy Research Association (ISARA).
The Accuracy Symposium brings together experts from environmental sciences, natural resources, spatial statistics, and geographic information science to develop theory and methods for assessing and understanding spatial uncertainty. The symposium has met every two years since 1994 in a variety of international locations (USA, Canada, The Netherlands, Australia, Portugal, China, United Kingdom) and has attracted between 80 and 300 participants. Symposia programs have included combinations of keynote speakers, invited paper sessions, contributed paper sessions, posters, and workshops. Symposia topics have included:
- aggregation and generalization in spatial uncertainty assessment
- design- and model-based approaches to spatial accuracy assessment
- error sensitive GIS
- incorporating uncertainty in spatial decision making
- uncertainty in remotely sensed data and images
- model validation with imperfect ground truth data
- positional uncertainty in spatial analyses
- propagation of uncertainty
- spatial uncertainty for categorical data
- stochastic spatial simulation
- spatio-temporal analyses and uncertainty
- visualizing spatial uncertainty
with applications in nearly all areas of environmental sciences and natural resources and accuracy and uncertainty assessments in related quantitative applications such as spatial statistics, statistical sampling, inventory and monitoring, and simulation modeling. Each previous symposium has included a proceedings which was distributed at or shortly following the symposium.
It is important to mention that this will be the first time the Spatial Accuracy Group co-organizes a conference with The Commission on Modelling Geographical System of the International Geographical Union (IGU-CMGS) on the research area of common interest. This will extend our network of collaboration with international organizations.
|Event starts:||Tuesday 10 July 2012|
|Event ends:||Friday 13 July 2012|
|City where event takes place:||Florianópolis|
|Country where event takes place:||Brazil|
|Website of event|